Friday, June 24, 2005

Gay Marriage Legal in New Brunswick

They must have known that I was coming. Yesterday, New Brunswick Judge Judy Clendenning ruled that New Brunswick would have to change its definition of marriage to a lawful union of two persons.

This is very convenient for me, as I have to file a bunch of health insurance forms with Mount Allison University today, and it means that I can indicate that my partner of 6 years (who I legally married a year ago today), is indeed my husband.

In other news, Michel Gauthier has secured a written promise from the Liberals that the House will sit until a vote is held on Bill C-38.

Everything's coming up roses.

Happy St-Jean-Baptiste!

Recommend this Post

2 Comments:

At 8:06 am, Blogger Idealistic Pragmatist said...

Hey, congratulations, you.

 
At 1:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! (Though I suspect you guys are more inclined to celebrate the May date). Glad NB was able to welcome you with open arms.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home