Monday, February 27, 2006

Challenging the Vatican

Regular blogging will resume eventually, I promise. There just hasn't been much to inspire me since Stephen Harper appeared in early February, announced his cabinet, saw his shadow, and decided to hide for the next six weeks of winter.

It was interesting this morning to note this story in the Globe and Mail about the group of Catholic priests in Quebec urging the Vatican to revise its stand on homosexuality. I'm glad to see some signs of a reformist current in the Canadian Catholic Church, albeit belatedly. I doubt that this will change much, but it is heartening to see nonetheless.

Meanwhile, I'm busy planning a book launch in Ottawa for next week. If you're interested in official bilingualism, drop me a line and I'll send you the details.

Recommend this Post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home