Saturday, April 21, 2007

Post #200 - A post of little significance

I've been a very bad blogger of late. In theory, I should have posts here on the May-Dion alliance, the Belleville Mohawk protest, the Manitoba election, and the Ontario referendum, for starters.

It is however, April, which is marking season. But I can't even blame my negligence on that. I've been done marking for a week. I have, however, been rather distracted by house-hunting for a week. The ordeal is now over, and I should be back in action with that final hurdle settled.

Seeing as I now have a place lined up in Guelph, and will be a resident by June, I suppose it's time for me to bone up on my understanding of proportional representation, since I'll have a vote on this one. I'm sure that my friends Mark Greenan, and Idealistic Pragmatist will be happy to get me started.

Regular blogging should resume shortly - and then suddenly assume an Ontario focus in a month.

Labels:

Recommend this Post

2 Comments:

At 9:49 am, Blogger Idealistic Pragmatist said...

Congratulations on the Guelph job! And to prove to you just how small a world Canadian academia is, my former department chair is going to be your Dean.

As for Ontario's brand of PR, I've been writing a bit on it, but the resource you really want is democraticSPACE. I'd recommend the following posts:

What does Ontario's MMP system look like and what does it mean?

MMP Myth #1: MMP means huge northern and rural ridings

What does 90 local ridings in Ontario look like?

Citizens' Assembly explanation of how MMP works

The comments sections for all those posts are worth reading, too.

Also, for good measure, one from me:

Comparing like with like in Ontario

and one from Sinister Greg:

Calling out Ian Urquhart

That should keep you busy!

 
At 1:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your blog and I've just gotten my university's library to order your book... I'm looking forward to reading it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home