Monday, May 28, 2007

So long, and thanks for all the lobsters!

With all the excitement going down in the Quebec legislature and the mass arrests at the Moscow gay pride demonstrations, you'd think I'd be blogging up a storm, right?

Sorry folks, but I've been a little bit preoccupied. My tenure in New Brunswick is about to come to a close. The movers are coming today to pack up my life, and then, assuming all goes well, we'll be setting out for Guelph tomorrow - lock, stock and cat.

My 21 months in New Brunswick have been interesting ones, to be sure. After living my entire life in cities no smaller than Ottawa (and mostly in larger ones than that), it has been a challenge adapting to life in a community of 7,000 (5,000 in the summer once the students leave). While I will miss the pheasants wandering around my house and all the friends I've made at Mount Allison, I'm looking forward to having easy access to good restaurants again, and it will be nice to be close to our families and friends again.

I think that's enough self-indulgent musing... see you all on the flipside when I'm set up in Ontari-ari-ario! (They say it's a place to stand and a place to grow!)

Recommend this Post

1 Comments:

At 9:01 am, Blogger Idealistic Pragmatist said...

Hope your move goes smoothly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home