Sunday, December 28, 2008

1, 2, 3, 4...

... monsters walking across the floor. I like counting, counting to the number four!

Why the obscure reference to Feist's reworking of her hit single for Sesame Street? Well, gentle readers, it's because today Pample the Moose is four years old. Not exactly a milestone anniversary, but I'm still quite pleased to be around. After all, I did start this blog two provinces and two academic positions ago.

What does the next year hold in store for this oddly-named blog? It's hard to say, but I'm hoping to get another couple of book reviews up - my husband bought me John Ralston Saul's latest for Christmas, and I've been sitting on André Pratte's latest collection for a while. I imagine that there will be some more disenchantment with federal politics, some obligatory links to wise sages such as Paul Wells and Chantal Hébert, and the occasional sarcastic rant. But hey, maybe 2009 will surprise me and something will happen once in a while to make me feel optimistic. After all, George Bush and his gang of thugs are leaving town, and even Rick Warren's presence at Obama's inauguration isn't enough to make me feel completely bitter and cynical at the outset of his new administration. Maybe Canadian politics will become constructive as well! And maybe my cat will become friendly and let me sleep through the night. Anything's possible!

I hope you all have a pleasant end to 2008. I'll see you all in the new year!

Labels:

Recommend this Post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home