Monday, December 28, 2009

Anniversary Post

When I'm not studying language policy and political history, I do spend some time dabbling in issues of commemoration. So even though nothing in the news has really twigged my desire to blog on anything particularly profound, I wanted to put up a post today.

Today is Pample the Moose's 5th birthday! It's been a heck of a 5 years. I've lived in three provinces, teaching at three different universities. This most recent one has kindly decided to grant me tenure. I'm not sure if that means that my posting will become more outrageous in the years to come, but I rather doubt it. I'm a rather moderate fellow - most of the time.

And now, back to my holidays. There are leftover Christmas cookies that aren't going to eat themselves!

Labels: ,

Recommend this Post

2 Comments:

At 2:18 pm, Anonymous Maurice said...

Enjoy the holidays, Matthew. By the way, I enjoyed listening to your podcast. Of the people I "know" -- the scare quotes denoting "knowing in the blog sense" -- you are by far the most deserving to have achieved academic tenure in the last five years.

 
At 10:07 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Tenure?? HURRAH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home